Making saves is what Wil - a 17-year-old high school senior at Lindbergh High School in St. Louis - does best. He's the starting goalie on his HS team as well as an elite travel team, but the save he needs to make now is for his life.
Wil was diagnosed with T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in 2017. While treatments had been successful, he learned two weeks ago that the cancer has spread and a transplant is urgently needed. He needs an unrelated donor - neither of his sisters is a match. In fact, there are currently NO MATCHES for Wil.
In Wil’s own words: “It’s difficult to explain how my life has changed since this diagnosis, especially as a teenager. Everything has changed on the outside but nothing has changed on the inside. No college, no soccer scholarships, no parties with friends and no school. Now there’s only chemo, doctor’s appointments, shots, pills and nausea. But on the inside I am still focused on being a positive person and helping other people as much as possible. I have learned to say ‘I love you’ more often.”
Lifesaving starts here!
Registering for the chance to save a life is exciting, but before you begin, please be sure you haven’t registered before with another donor center. Also, we ask that all registered donors be willing to donate to any patient. Lastly, please scroll down to review the two ways to donate.
Let's get started!SIGN UP
As a registered bone marrow donor, you will be on standby to save a life.
I currently reside in the United States.
I am a member of the military.
Please enter your date of birth.
Please enter your details
You are eligible!
Next step... Complete the registration process.
Thank you for caring.
Members of the military can register with The C.W. Bill Young Department of Defense Marrow Donor Program.
Are you in overall good health?
We want to make sure that helping a patient won’t impact your health. Please review the following list of criteria. If you are not sure about a requirement, feel free to call us at 866.340.3567.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE:
- Between the ages of 18 and 55
- In good general health
- At least 4’10” and weigh more than 105 pounds, but not exceed a maximum BMI of 40.
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVE:
- History of heart surgery or heart disease
- Autoimmune disorders such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis or fibromyalgia
- Sleep apnea, breathing problems or severe asthma (daily inhalers are acceptable)
- Diabetes requiring injectable medication
- Hepatitis B or C
- Kidney or liver disease
- History of stroke, including TIA
- Chronic or severe neck, spine or back problems
- Epilepsy or other seizure within one year
- History of blood clotting or bleeding disorders
- History of head injury or multiple concussions
- Personal history of cancer (exceptions: Stage 0 or in situ melanoma, breast, bladder, cervical and cured localized skin cancer such as basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma)
If you have questions about whether your medical history would prevent you from donating, please contact email@example.com or 212.209.6700.