Anyone who knows Girish knows; when you need help, he is there for you. As a small boy in Mumbai Girish’s parents taught him the importance of kindness and generosity, principles that have shaped and guided the path of his life. Now a loving family man living in New Jersey, he has passed on these lessons to his daughter and has become a champion for his community. Last year however, the happy family’s lives were turned upside down when Girish was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). After initially attempting to treat the cancer with chemotherapy, doctors decided that Girish’s best hope to win his battle was by receiving a bone marrow transplant.
Without a matching donor in the family, Girish’s wife Anju and his daughter Shivali are desperately recruiting as many people as possible to register in the hopes of finding their husband/father a lifesaving match. Girish has always been the kind of man who looks out for others, asking for little in return, but in this struggle he needs our help.
Are you the person who can help Girish win his fight?
Lifesaving starts here!
Registering for the chance to save a life is exciting, but before you begin, please be sure you haven’t registered before with another donor center. Also, we ask that all registered donors be willing to donate to any patient. Lastly, please scroll down to review the two ways to donate.
Let's get started!See if you are eligible
As a registered bone marrow donor, you will be on standby to save a life.
I currently reside in the United States.
I am a member of the military.
Please enter your date of birth.
Please enter your details
You are eligible to register!
As a potential stem cell donor you give hope to many patients around the world.
Thank you for caring.
Members of the military can register with The C.W. Bill Young Department of Defense Marrow Donor Program.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Are you in overall good health?
We want to make sure that helping a patient won’t impact your health. Please review the following list of criteria. If you are not sure about a requirement, feel free to call us at 866.340.3567.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE:
- Between the ages of 18 and 55
- In good general health
- At least 4’10” and weigh more than 105 pounds, but not exceed a maximum BMI of 40.
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVE:
- History of heart surgery or heart disease
- Autoimmune disorders such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis or fibromyalgia
- Sleep apnea, breathing problems or severe asthma (daily inhalers are acceptable)
- Diabetes requiring insulin or injectable medication
- Hepatitis B or C
- Kidney or liver disease
- History of stroke, including TIA
- Chronic or severe neck, spine or back problems
- Epilepsy or other seizure within one year
- History of blood clotting or bleeding disorders
- History of head injury or multiple concussions
- Personal history of cancer (exceptions: Stage 0 or in situ melanoma, breast, bladder, cervical and cured localized skin cancer such as basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma)
If you have questions about whether your medical history would prevent you from donating, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.209.6700.