The news of a cancer diagnosis can rock any family. When the diagnosis is for a 3-month-old boy, it can feel even more desperate. Arham is now 5-months-old and undergoing chemotherapy treatments to fight the two aggressive blood cancers that he was diagnosed with - acute myeloid leukemia and mixed-lineage leukemia. He's been through a lot - including cardiac arrest as a complication from the chemo. He needs a bone marrow transplant.
For Arham to win his fight, his doctors are hoping to get to transplant after this round of chemo, and that means there are only a few weeks to find a matching bone marrow donor. This search is at a critical point and Arham and his family needs help now.
His Pakistani heritage means that there’s less of a chance for him to find a match - only 2 percent of the database represents people of South Asian descent. Bone marrow matches are most likely between people of similar ethnic background.
Healthy babies at this stage of their life are learning to roll over and are taking their first bites of food. They are smiling and laughing with their family. They are not staying in hospitals for weeks at a time enduring chemotherapy. Help us give Arham a second chance at life.
You can register as a donor below or you can host a drive in Arham's name to maximize your reach in sharing his story. Contact us at email@example.com.
Lifesaving starts here!
Registering for the chance to save a life is exciting, but before you begin, please be sure you haven’t registered before with another donor center. Also, we ask that all registered donors be willing to donate to any patient. Lastly, please scroll down to review the two ways to donate.
Let's get started!See if you are eligible
As a registered bone marrow donor, you will be on standby to save a life.
I currently reside in the United States.
I am a member of the military.
Please enter your date of birth.
Please enter your details
You are eligible to register!
As a potential stem cell donor you give hope to many patients around the world.
Thank you for caring.
Members of the military can register with The C.W. Bill Young Department of Defense Marrow Donor Program.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Are you in overall good health?
We want to make sure that helping a patient won’t impact your health. Please review the following list of criteria. If you are not sure about a requirement, feel free to call us at 866.340.3567.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE:
- Between the ages of 18 and 55
- In good general health
- At least 4’10” and weigh more than 105 pounds, but not exceed a maximum BMI of 40.
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVE:
- History of heart surgery or heart disease
- Autoimmune disorders such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis or fibromyalgia
- Sleep apnea, breathing problems or severe asthma (daily inhalers are acceptable)
- Diabetes requiring insulin or injectable medication
- Hepatitis B or C
- Kidney or liver disease
- History of stroke, including TIA
- Chronic or severe neck, spine or back problems
- Epilepsy or other seizure within one year
- History of blood clotting or bleeding disorders
- History of head injury or multiple concussions
- Personal history of cancer (exceptions: Stage 0 or in situ melanoma, breast, bladder, cervical and cured localized skin cancer such as basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma)
If you have questions about whether your medical history would prevent you from donating, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.209.6700.