For many patients with blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma, a bone marrow transplant provides their best chance for survival. But many patients do not receive a transplant because no matching donor can be found. In fact, only 30% of patients find a match within their family; the other 70% of patients rely on a perfect stranger to give them a second chance at life. Sadly, 6 out of 10 patients never receive the lifesaving transplant they need. This could be changed if more people registered as potential bone marrow donors, simply by swabbing the inside of their cheeks. Register as a bone marrow donor and you may be the one person able to give a patient with blood cancer a second chance at life.
- Event date:
- Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Event address:
1311 NE 1st AveMiami, FL 33132United States
- Contact organizer name:
- Kelly Taylor
- Contact organizer email:
- Contact organizer phone:
Make a Gift
100% of your gift today goes to register potential lifesaving bone marrow donors, bringing hope to blood cancer patients and their families.